Membership in the National Honor Society is based on four pillars of excellence: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. To be eligible for application to the Watertown High School Chapter a student must be a junior and maintain a cumulative weighted GPA of 99.00. Applicants who meet this standard are notified following the first semester of their junior year and are then invited to apply.
Applicants are then evaluated by a faculty council on their scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Faculty Advisors: Mrs. Sales & Mrs. Puma
The Rubric used by the faculty when evaluating applicants is listed below.
In terms of SERVICE, candidates should:
- Uphold scholarship and maintain a loyal school attitude
- Volunteer dependable and well organized assistance enthusiastically
- Work well with others
- Take on difficult responsibilities willingly.
- Show courtesy by assisting others
In terms of LEADERSHIP, candidates should:
- Inspire positive behavior in others
- Exemplifies positive attitude
- Be thoroughly dependable in accepting responsibility
- Demonstrate academic initiative
In terms of CHARACTER, candidates should:
- Exemplifies desirable qualities of behavior consistently
- Take criticism willingly and well
- Follow rules inside and outside of classroom
- Not plagiarize or subscribe to any form of cheating
- Comply with school and teacher requirements